Nine locations in Louisiana will hold car seat safety events in coordination with the Louisiana Highway Safety Commission. The safety inspections and installations are a part of the observance of National Child Passenger Safety Week.
The following locations in Louisiana will hold car seat inspections and installations on Saturday, September 29:
- Baton Rouge Police Dept., 9000 Airline Dr., Baton Rouge, LA 7081
- Divine Mercy Church, 7337 Lentini Parkway, Kenner, LA 70065
- The Home Depot, 1717 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Houma, LA 70360
- Southwest Beverage Company, 3860 Broad St., Lake Charles, LA 70615
- Rapides Regional Trauma Center, 211 Fourth St, Alexandria, LA 71301
- Hixson Ford, 6300 Frontage Rd., Monroe, LA 71202
- Sheriff’s Safety Town, 8910 Jewella St., Shreveport, LA 71118
- The former Babies “R” Us, 5700 Johnston St., Lafayette, LA 70506
- Church of the King, 22205 Little Creek Rd., Mandeville, LA 70471
The events will be held from 9:00 a.m. to noon at each of the above locations.
The LHSC says that research done by the Louisiana Passenger Safety Task Force shows that 92 percent of car seats are incorrectly installed in Louisiana. Crashes remain the second leading cause of unintentional injury death for infants under the age of 1 and toddlers ages 1 through 3 and the leading cause for children 4 years and older, according to LHSC.
A video provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration explains the use of car seats and how to keep children properly protected as they grow. Watch that video here .
For more information, visit the lahighwaysafety.org .