St. Martin Parish residents will soon see new trash receptacles.
Pelican Waste will be distributing new, clean, shiny blue, 95-gallon trash carts to residences in St. Martin Parish; service will begin on July 1.
Here are some things to know:
- The trash cans hold 65 gallons and are blue.
- The recycle carts are blue with bright yellow lids.
- Garbage and recycle collection will both be one time a week.
- Your garbage collection day will not change.
- Bulk items will be serviced twice a month.
- Branches no longer need to be bundled or bagged and there is a 50-pound weight limit.
- Residents of St. Martin Parish will also be provided a household hazardous waste day, but it hasn’t been set yet.
The new company, Pelican Waste & Debris, LLC, will bill customers directly on a quarterly basis. Bills will be paid pre-service instead of post-service.
Water Companies throughout the parish will discontinue billing for our residents come July 1, 2019.
When you get your new cans, the company is asking residents to read the letters that are left with them. Those letters will include the information residents will need regarding where to place the cart, recycling guidelines and other rules.
Here are some things to know about billing:
- ALL Water Companies throughout St. Martin Parish will discontinue charging for Solid Waste & Recycling Services starting July 1, 2019.
- Water Companies final billings will be for June services to pay Waste Management.
- St. Martin Parish Government has changed service providers to Pelican Waste and Debris, LLC.
- Pelican will bill residents directly on a pro- rated quarterly basis.
- Residents will receive their first bill on June 15th
- Residents will be billed for the first two months of service (July and August) for the first bill; all other bills will be for three months of service.
There will be sign in/informational days set up throughout St. Martin Parish for residents who want to be billed at a different residence other than their home address. If your billing address is staying the same YOU DO NOT NEED TO COME TO A SIGN-UP LOCATIONS. This is only for residents who want to be billed at an alternative address.
Residents are still encouraged to attend a sign in day in their area to hear about changes in solid waste & recycling services. Sign in days will take place from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at the following locations on the following days.
|Cecilia Library||2460 Cecilia High School Highway, Breaux Bridge, LA 70517||28-May|
|Breaux Bridge Library||205 N. Main Street, Breaux Bridge, LA 70517||29-May|
|St. Martinville Library||201 Porter Street, St. Martinville, LA 70582||30-May|
|Catahoula Recreation Center||1028 Catahoula Highway, St. Martinville, LA 70582||4-Jun|
|Coteau Holmes Recreation Center||1814 Coteau Holmes Highway, St. Martinville, LA 70582||5-Jun|
|Cade Recreation Center (small building)||1650 Smede Highway, St. Martinville, LA 70582||6-Jun|