One person was injured when a propane tank exploded this afternoon in Scott.
Scott Firefighters were called to a home on Olive Vista Drive at about 4:15 p.m. and found smoke coming from a pick-up truck. A man had second-degree burns to his arms and face, and was found near the truck, a spokesman said.
Firefighters found that a flash fire had happened in the truck, but was already out. They found several small propane bottles in the back seat; one had fallen over and the valve had opened, the spokesman said.
An investigation revealed the owner parked the truck earlier in the morning, at which point the bottle apparently had fallen over and began to leak. All of the propane leaked from the bottle, filling the truck with gas, since all the windows were closed.
Around 4:00 PM the man went to his vehicle to retrieve an item. When the door was opened, the trapped propane found an ignition source, causing the explosion.
The occupant was transported to a local hospital for treatment of the burns. His injuries are non-life threatening, the spokesman said.