Ride Acadiana is adding seven new stops on its route between Acadia Parish and Lafayette, including a stop at South Louisiana Community College in Crowley.
With an existing stop at SLCC in Lafayette, students can now easily travel between the two campuses to access educational opportunities and workforce development training through SLCC, via Ride Acadiana.
“During our first six weeks of operation, we’ve heard a lot of good feedback from people along the route,” said Monique Boulet, chief executive officer for the Acadiana Planning Commission. “There were many requests for additional stops in locations that would provide access to even more potential riders, such as near housing developments, large employers and the SLCC Crowley campus. We’re pleased to make these adjustments to serve as many residents as possible and provide access to additional employment opportunities.”
The revised route and schedule are being fine-tuned this week and will officially begin Oct. 15. It includes five new stops in Crowley, and one new stop each in Rayne and Duson. You can learn more about the new stops and get complete information about this pilot commuter bus route at RideAcadiana.com.
Funding for this project is provided by DOTD and USDA.
- Odd Fellows Rd / Tower Rd
- Odd Fellows Rd / Cherokee Dr
- N Parkerson / Northern Ave
- N Parkerson / E 6th St
- N Parkerson / 1st St
- S. Eastern Ave (LA13) / E Elm St
- Elm Street / Parkerson
- N Parkerson / E 1st St
- Hwy 90 / Jack Mitchell Avenue
- American Legion Dr. at John Pac, Inc.
- SLCC Crowley Campus
- Hutchison Ave / Western Avenue
- E Northern Ave / Hwy 90
- Hwy 90 / Samuel Thomas (near Martin Petitjean Elem.)
- 4th St / Anding St
- American Legion / 2nd St
- Hwy 90 / Arenas St
- U.S. 90 at Champagne’s
- Toby Mouton Rd / N A St
1.Hwy 90 / Cayret St
- Luke St / Devalcourt (SLCC)
- Bertrand Dr / Devalcourt St (UHC)
- Johnston / College Rd (Walgreens)
- Johnston / College Rd (Albertsons)
- E St. Mary Blvd / Hebrard Blvd (UL)
- Coolidge Blvd / Hospital Dr (LGMC)
- Rosa Parks Transportation Center
Note: New stops are indicated in bold.