A suspect has been arrested following a shooting on Ann Street and Twenty Arpent Road in New Iberia that injured one person.
Police say the shooting occurred at around 11:00 pm Monday near the intersection of Ann and Twenty Arpent Rd. Officers were able to located the suspect vehicle that fired the shots, and 40-year-old LeQuint Livingston was identified by multiple witnesses as the person believed to be responsible for the shooting.
Physical evidence was also found, allegedly tying Livingston to the shooting, according to police. Police say the victim of this shooting sustained a gunshot to the lower torso and is being treated a local hospital.
Livingston was charged with the following:
- Attempted Second Degree Murder
- Aggravated Assault with a Firearm (8 counts)
- Aggravated Criminal Damage to Property (3 counts)
- Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm in a Firearm Free Zone
No photo was available for Livingston at this time.*