A former Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s deputy arrested in February on rape charges has now been indicted, accused of sex crimes against three different children.
Bryan Kibodeaux, 42, was indicted last week on 23 sex charges – many of them involving a child.
The indictment accuses Kibodeaux of committing the crimes between August 2016 and January 2019. Because our policy is to protect the identity of victims, we’re referring to the children in the indictment as Victim A, Victim B and Victim C.
He’s accused of:
- Four counts of first-degree rape of a child involving Victim A.
- Four counts of sexual battery of Victim A.
- Four counts indecent behavior with a juvenile involving Victim A.
- Four Counts felony molestation of a juvenile involving Victim A.
- One count first-degree rape of Victim B.
- One count sexual battery of Victim B.
- One count indecent behavior with a juvenile involving Victim B.
- One count felony molestation of a juvenile involving Victim B.
- One count first-degree rape of Victim C.
- One count indecent behavior with a juvenile involving Victim C.
- One Count felony molestation of a juvenile involving Victim C.
At the time of his arrest, Vermilion Sheriff’s officials confirmed that Kibodeaux had almost 18 years of service with the agency and had been terminated.
At the time of his arrest, State Police told us the investigation began on January 24, 2019, when Investigators with SVU received a complaint involving the sexual abuse of a child in Vermilion Parish. During the course of the investigation, investigators identified Kibodeaux as the suspect, and a warrant was obtained for his arrest.
On February 5, 2019, Investigators executed a search warrant at Kibodeaux’s residence in Abbeville.
Kibodeaux was placed under arrest on the warrant. He was booked into the Vermilion Parish Correctional Center and was transferred to another facility. He has been in custody since his February arrest.
He was booked again after his indictment, VPCC records show. He’s still at the other facility, with bond set at $500,000 on one rape charge and no bond yet set on the others.