Continuous News and Weather for Acadiana

Fire destroys Ville Platte home, family seeking help

A Ville Platte family is homeless after an electrical fire over the weekend. It happened on Mars Rice Road. No one was home during the fire, but the family says they lost everything.

“It’s been devastating. All my life I lived in this house,” Sidney Gallow said.

Decades of memories lost in a fire. Gallow not only grew up in the home, but he was raising his own family in the home with his wife, two daughters, and 10-month-old son.

“It’s pretty hard,” Gallow said. “All their Christmas toys that they’ve had is pretty much gone.”

Gallow’s mother-in-law has been helping the family get back on their feet.

“I mean they lost everything,” Rosa Richard said. “When I got here they were screaming and crying I said, Lord Jesus, those kids. She said momma I don’t have anything. I said you got God. He spared their life and that’s the main thing that I thank God for.”

Gallow added, “We’re praying for strength mainly to keep us going that we can get a fresh start.”

The family has set up a gofundme account; click here if you’d like to make a donation.

You can also call 337-459-2058

The family is also in need of the following sizes:

Girl 5 Years Old ( 6x clothes, toddler 12 shoes)
Girl 8 Years Old ( 10/12 clothes, kids size 2 shoes)
Boy 10-month old (18-month clothes, infant 4 shoes)
Woman Large Tops and Bottoms 11 or 12 size Shoe size 9
Man Medium Top and Bottoms 30-32 Shoe Size 9

Kendria LaFleur

Kendria LaFleur

More News
Cool Schools: Acadian Middle School

Cool Schools: Acadian Middle School

News for Monday, April 22, 2019

News for Monday, April 22, 2019

Scroll to top
Skip to content