Iberia Crime Stoppers is sharing holiday crime prevention and safety tips.
- When shopping, always stay alert and be aware of your surroundings.
- Park in a populated, well-lit area.
- Remember to lock your vehicle and place all shopping bags and other valuable items out of sight.
- Never leave young children unattended.
- Deter pickpockets and thieves by keeping purses close.
- Avoid carrying and displaying large amounts of cash.
- Keep your home safe by locking all doors and windows.
- Have packages delivered to the post office or to a location where it can be received by someone and will not be left unattended for an extended period of time.
- Drinking and driving is a danger to everyone and is not worth the risk.
Do not let criminals or thieves ruin the holiday season for you and your loved ones. Anonymously report criminal activity at www.p3tips.com or call (337) 364-TIPS.